Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Update Bench

 Well... our bench is done. :) 

I'm not gonna lie, this one was mostly my husband. He told me not to tell people that, but I have to give him the credit because I hardly worked on any of it. I just told him what ideas I had at times. 


Here are the cute legs. We spray painted the white. 
You can see the padding we used in this picture. Under the padding we used some backing from Lowes so that we could secure the fabric under there. 


We also decided to try something new on this one. 
We used buttons and did some tufting. We found a kit at Walmart for the buttons so they would match the fabric, and made about 15 little buttons. It wasn't too hard, but my fingers hurt by the third one. haha.



I don't have a good picture of it on here, but Mike measured it out and drilled holes through the backing and the top of the table in order to put the buttons on. He then threaded fishing wire through to secure the buttons and stapled it on the bottom.



Here is the finished product!!! It's a terrible picture so I will post a new one on here shortly! Good job to my sweet Mikey!! I'm excited to put it in our room!

And here is the better picture, although still not that great...


Maybe I will promise yet another better picture...haha these are pretty bad. Taken with my phone at night. Sorry about that.

5 comments:

Emily Meyerhoffer said...

Good freakin job!! I am impressed!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I love it! Way to go Kristin and Mike.

Jan said...

You are quite the talented gal! It's darling.

Heather said...

Kristin I'm glad you found my blog! Your furniture is so fun! We are moving to a house with a garage in December and I plan to start redoing furniture also! You are SO good at it! Hopefully I can learn a thing or two from you!

Candice Beth said...

You are so talented! I love all your projects! So Cute! :)