Friday, July 1, 2011

First Oops....

Well, we've got sort of bad news. 

Remember this?

Well Mike fixed the bottom up real nice. He added some trim, and sanded everything down.



...painted her up a bit....


We also added a backing to the top, so that it would show through in the back.


And so excited to get the two together. It was going to be such a happy reunion!!





Until they came together....

and they didn't match.


Don't say, "oh you can't even notice" or "you can't tell unless you look close." I can notice. And I'm a freak about matching. 

And they really don't match.


Exact same spray paint too...I was so confused. 

Well here is what happened. 
My sweet husband decided to help me, (because he basically does with every project) and he didn't know I used a primer on the top. So he didn't use one on the bottom. (He says he asked me and I said no, but I have to recollection of that conversation...) So...bottom line is that they don't match. And I really don't want to do it over again...

So I may just use the bottom for something else and find a new partner for the top. :) 

We will see.

But hey at least we know what the difference is between priming something and not priming it...


2 comments:

Nicole said...

Bummer! If you used some glaze on it would it be less obvious? The bottom has much a lot of detail. Just a thought. Looks good though. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah we actually did glaze it!! :) It's hard to tell because I didn't get a close up on it, but the glaze actually made it look a bit more grey. We also put a layer of polyurithane on it thinking that the yellow tint may help. No luck. That's okay though. It's hard to tell in the pic but the bottom is super bad quality. The doors are all hollow plastic, and there are a few cracks on it. May not be a bad idea to replace the whole thing anyway. I love your comments though Nicole!! Come back to Utah soon!!